Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trail of Lights 5K



Zilker Park in Austin had it's 23rd "Trail of Lights" 5K last night. Jack and I participated...he was in heaven with all the lights and even got to see Santa Claus again. At the 2-mile marker, there was an unclear sign pointing to a short-cut for those not up for the whole 5K challenge! Jack and I decided to take the long way after asking for clarification. Around mile 2 1/2, there were a bunch of people walking one way...I asked for clarification again from a volunteer who was rather hefty. He said, "Those are all the people that are done. You're too slow to be with them." Well Mister...I am having a baby in 4 weeks (What's your excuse???) and I decided to take the long way! When we got to the refreshement area...they were no longer calling it "Hot Chocolate," they were calling it "Warm Chocolate." At the finish line, they weren't even calling out names and the cones were already being picked up. I guess well have to pick up the pace next year!

1 comment:

Jen and Shawn Day said...

Good for you, Cage! You're an inspiration to me, if not to the tubby volunteer and hasty clean up crew!!!