Sunday, October 4, 2009

Honk Honk!

For some reason, I didn't post this several weeks ago when I took it and was saving it for something special. What a perfect opportunity now! The video is the epitomy of Jack's spirit and my husband's wonderful parenting. This 30 second or so clip warms my heart, brings tears to my eyes, and makes me so thankful for having Jack in our lives. I have decided that this will be my second to last post, with the last post to not come for sometime as I am planning on posting for the final time after Jack's bench is in place. Thank you ALL for the donations that will allow us to purchase a bench in Jack's honor. Dan and I look forward to finding the perfect bench in the perfect place, which will take some thought and consideration to make it just right! Again, thank you for all the support, it is truly overwhelming and has been what has carried us through this journey. We continue to go on each day...getting out of bed, vacuuming, brushing our teeth, washing dishes, running errands, paying bills, taking care of Kate, all the usual stuff. It is strange to not hear "Mommy!" or "Doddy" or "Milk Meese" (Jack's version of "Milk please") or "Muse Me" (Jack's version of "Excuse me") but the memories are held deep in our hearts. I am not sure Murphy and Finn quite understand why it is so quiet in our house and I bet Murph would even admit that he misses an energetic toddler screaming and pulling on or at him. We will return to work soon and continue to find so much support and love with each other. Thank goodness that Dan is walking this journey with me. In the midst of this tragedy there have been so many blessings and we hope they continue.

Enjoy the video and please feel free to be among the first visitors to:

www.kateturpin.blogspot.com

The show must go on and Jack would want it that way!

9 comments:

Anne Witt said...

Thinking of you!

Amber said...

I'll be following Kate's blog, and look forward to seeing Jack's bench whenever it comes. Thank you so much for sharing the good and the bad with us...

The Lunoff Adventures said...

I can't see the video at work, but I can only imagine the laughter the smiles and the energy that is shown. You and Dan will continue to have our support. We're always going to miss Jack and we look forward to visiting his bench in the future.

Thomas Trio said...

I cried as I watched that video. You and Dan will be able to go on forever with no regrets because you both are amazing parents. You provided so many enriching opportunities for Jack to flourish. We are all better parents after watching you both and are so lucky that Jack was a apart of our lives. Thanks. Love you all!

Douglass said...

yes, dan is a wonderful father, and you are an amazing mother. i am so encouraged by you two as parents and as a couple. jack's bench will be one of the stops we make when we come come back next summer. love to all three of you!

Brooke a.k.a. 34B cup said...

K, D, J,

Thinking of you, thinking of Jack every single day. Those memories captured in your hearts and on film are absolutely priceless.

Love you all,

brooke

jessica holland said...

So precious, and so silly! I'm so glad you have these wonderful times to look back on, and wonderful times ahead with Kate. We are thinking of you all the time, and inspired by your strength. Everyone at WS is thinking of you and sending great thoughts and prayers your way.

Margaret Seagraves said...

How wonderful to have that video, along with many others, I'm sure! Even though I'm far away in Virginia, my heart and spirit are with you! You continue to be in my prayers every day, and I know that the blessings will continue to fill your lives and bring you comfort!
I thank God that you do have each other, as well as so many friends, to accompany you through this journey. Take care, be safe, and eventually let happiness wrap itself around you again!
Love, Margaret Seagraves

Kate said...

Danny and Krissy,
How fitting that Jack's memorial turned into a celebration of his sweet life. His passing has impacted so many - we are astounded that you had the strength to stand up and speak so eloquently at his service. Jack's passing has been felt deeply by all, and because of him, we all squeeze our loved ones a little tighter, we all take deeper breaths when our kids are naughty, and we no longer take a single minute of life for granted.

You two allowed so many of us to come into your lives and share your grief just days after Jack's passing. Although we have left the lovely town of Manor (and the delightful Comfort Inn), do know that you are in our thoughts every day and we appreciate how you have turned Jack's loss of life into a lesson of love for all of us.

Kate Burns

P.S. Hugs to Kate and scratches to Murph and Finn.