Friday, October 16, 2009

700 days of happiness


Today has been a hard day, I was on the computer trying to find a photo for something...I was looking through recent photos from this summer and the dogs must have thought I was crazy, staring at the monitor, sobbing. So many pictures of Jack, full of life, having a great time. If we had known then what we know now...would we have done anything different? What comfort there is in knowing, no...we celebrated him everyday and will continue to do so.
Grief is an interesting thing...we are certainly learning to take it day by day, in fact, minute by minute.
For those who weren't able to attend Jack's celebration, this was where we had it. It was pouring rain as we left to drive there. When we pulled into the park, the clouds subsided and the sun came out. Just like grief...
My Uncle said an amazing thing to me that day...he said "How long do most people have to live to have 700 days of happiness?" What a thought...probably a lot longer than Jack had to! That question and answer has allowed me to sleep more peacefully and keep a smile on my face longer. Thanks Uncle Jimmy for your great perspective!

6 comments:

A Mother's Love said...

Hi there, I came across your blog and have been sitting here reading all about your sweet little Jack (our two year old's name is Jack too) I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. We lost a baby boy years ago to SIDS. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

You mention "Travis County" not sure if you mean in Texas or not, but we live in Travis Co., TX.

Thinking of you - Kelley
http://tutusandchoochoos.blogspot.com

A Mother's Love said...

It's me "Kelley" again...you do live in Austin! We live in Steiner Ranch, near Lake Travis. If you ever need a hug let me know! My heart goes out to you and your family.

I will use your pediatrician you talked about...I was looking for one!

Kelley
http://tutusandchoochoos.blogspot.com

Franklin and Lisa Spees said...

Krissy.... thanks for continuing to share about Jack and how you are doing with all of this. I have gone back over your blog several times - just looking at the sweet life of little Jack. I wish I could transport myself to Austin to give you a big hug. Thinking of you....

Franklin and Lisa Spees said...

Do you have any pictures from Jack's celebration?

Unknown said...

Krissy,
Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture, it's a beautiful place, of course the best place you could have picked.
I wish I could do or say something that's worth something...
Just know that I am praying for you, Dan, Kate and family...for peace and strength.
You are amazing! Hugs from MN!!

The Lunoff Adventures said...

It was the weirdest thing...the weather. I remember arriving and seeing the dark clouds, building. When you and Dan arrived, the clouds began to part as if Jack was shining on you that day...letting you feel the warmth of his love that remains with you daily. It was a beautiful celebration. We are so grateful that we were there and felt his presence.