It is with shock, horror and complete devastation that I am writing this blog entry. Last night, our dear son, Jack, passed away in his sleep. Jack had a great day, had even "pooped in the potty" for the first time. Jack started to get a bit groggy and laid on the couch...unusual for our wonderful and wild little man. Dan gave him a bath, took his temperature which was low grade and put him to bed. At 9:15, I checked on Jack and found that he was barely breathing and very limp. I ran downstairs with him, called 9-1-1, and our wonderful neighbor who is a firefighter/EMS came over immediately. As we waited for EMS to arrive, he started CPR and continued until the on-duty EMS took over. They tried and tried to revive Jack for almost 45 minutes without success. We are in deep gratitude for the love and effort Travis County EMS put forth to save our son. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We know it was difficult for them too.
It was the most horrific time of our lives and it is in shock that I write this today. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
As plans for a "Celebration of Jack's Sweet Life" are made, I will be updating the blog.
In lieu of sending flowers, please consider donating to the following link:
We are hoping to purchase a bench to place in a park in Austin to always remember our sweet boogie.
If you have special memories of Jack, please feel free to comment. We would love to hear stories.