Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July!






What was called "vacation" on my timesheet at work, is more appropriately called an "event." I needed to come back to work to relax! Every year for the past 10 years, dear friends from college, high school, my sister, my family, and the Vernon family (from my childhood) have celebrated the 4th of July. (Truth be told, we've been celebrating the 4th of July with the Vernon since about 1980!) Each year, the celebration gets larger and louder, and the "Holiday 100" drink list is now more like the "Holiday Hundred and Twenty-Five." We have a blast celebrating "America" and have many crazy traditions each year. I can't even do it all justice but it is such fun as the following pictures will show. If you're intriqued, we even have a website: www.vv4j.org (Thanks Apes and Brian!) This year did not disappoint, it all goes so fast. Thanks to everyone who helped out with the kiddos and made our time so much fun!

No comments: