Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An entry about my Starfish 1 Swim Class, Personal Trainer, Uncle Bret





Well, it has been a busy couple of days around the house. Uncle Bret (really my cousin but we call him Uncle Bret because that is just cooler!) came to town and I can't get enough of climbing on him, although I have to admit that watching T.V. with him is pretty fun.



The nicest thing about having Uncle Bret around is that he is helping me train for my Starfish 1 swimming class. We worked on upper body strength yesterday and this morning while I climbed all over him as though he were a jungle gym. However, after observing me at Starfish 1 training tonight Uncle Bret noticed that my right shoulder was getting a little stronger than my left causing me to pull right while swimming (he is explaining this to me in the pictures). This led to a nice shoulder massage (see pictures) as well as some lower body workouts using my exercise ball (again, see pictures).

Overall I think that physically I am prepared to dominate Starfish 1 training tomorrow and earn my patch, especially after having a high protein milkshake with Uncle Bret immediately upon finishing my training tonight! Also, on the mental side of things, Uncle Bret says that if I keep repeating the "Patch, Patch, Patch" mantra I should be in the perfect mental state come tomorrow at 6:40 p.m.



Okay that is it for tonight, I need to get a good night's rest and be ready to go tomorrow. I would say wish me luck but I am so confident in Uncle Bret's training regime that I don't even need luck!!