Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Grandparents Visit

Man! They weren't kidding when my parents told me that I would be spoiled being the first grandbaby on both sides. My moms parents came to visit last weekend while Daddy was in Seattle. We had so much fun! Grandma took me shopping while Mom got a facial. We browsed through Target and I got a "bat cap" for Halloween. I didn't give Grandma any trouble, I slept most of the time! Grandpa was a little nervous holding me at first because I am still pretty tiny (In fact, someone called me a premie! Mom corrected them right away!) but quickly caught on. Grandma read to me a lot, my favorite was the "Roller Coaster" book from Grandpa and she gave me a bath all by herself. Mom and Dad still have to do it together. Grandpa tried to keep the dogs busy so they wouldn't lick my face as much. Mom got a few extra naps in and Grandma made some yummy meals that Mom was very happy about. Mom and I were very sad to see them go so I spit up on Grandma right before she left for the airport. My plan worked! She was able to smell me all the way home and missed me immediately. She said she can't wait to come back. Me too!! Love, Jack!

1 comment:

Jen and Shawn Day said...

Hi Turpins! It is so fun to be able to read of your adventures as a bigger family. I especially like hearing about how Finn and Murphy are adapting. I'm afraid Rudy and Zoe will find out for the first time that they really are dogs when the girls come home. I hope things continue to go well and that big Jack soon learns that eating every 4 hours is nice too!

Hugs all around-

Jen Day